Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Reflection on Chalk and Wire

After the presentation on Chalk and Wire and the Education Department, I think I have a better understanding of the Education Department at Luther. It was helpful for me to see everything mapped out and to have this introduction to the program. At first it seemed very stressful because there are alot of things to remember about applying to the department and all of the requirements that we are supposed to fufill. I think that Chalk and Wire is a great way to help us to organize our portfolio and it is a great tool to use in understanding certain areas that are geared towards preparing us for becoming teachers. Another aspect that I think is helpful on Chalk and Wire is the fact that we can see our progress throughout the years here at Luther and I think that this will be a great tool in compiling a portfolio that can help us when we have jobs as teachers.

I do have a couple of questions about the competencies on Chalk and Wire. I have started writing some for my classes but I think that it would be helpful for professors to have a more universal rubric for grading competencies. I know that some professors like shorter statments while some rationales in other classes are preferred to be longer. I know it is subjective and really depends on each class, however I think it would give us a better idea of what is expected when we are writing them. Other than that, I don't really have any other questions about Chalk and Wire at this point. I think the more I use this tool, the more familiar I will become with what strategies and ideas we should be learning from using Chalk and Wire.

No comments:

Post a Comment